Blogger picture menu

Thursday, February 24, 2022

THREE Brushes : Introduction / Part 1 Review [THREE Face Brush L]

THREE Brushes : Introduction / Part 1 Review [THREE Face Brush L] 

If you follow the Fude manufacture by the cosmetic brands like Lunasol, RMK or SUQQU you may one day come across THREE which is less known in Japanese cosmetic brands.

THREE is cosmetic brand by ACRO INC., individual Japanese cosmetic company difference from Lunasol, RMK or SUQQU which all own by Kanebo. However, THREE is take much difference approach as it is more western-oriented brand than Lunasol, RMK or SUQQU which is more Japanese-oriented.

I was on a hunt for big paddle shape powder brush where can I press the setting powder into the skin.
I test one "THREE Face Brush L" and surprisingly it is preform very well, make me want to investigate deeper into other brush.

I now own 6 of them (Face L, Face M, Face S, Blend in Angle, Blusher and Eyebrow). I would say that even the brush may not look as good as other brand. I find the brush shape is versatile, practical and functional. Even it is not soft as other squirrel brushes in my collection. It preforms petty well in it own right worth mentioning in Fude world.

However, please be aware that THREE is easy-accessible brand in Thailand as we have importer.
You may have to consider the price in your country and other option available as well. I am debating to buy the eye shader brush, I will consider later on at one point.


Appearance 
All THREE brush is manufacture by Chikuhodo the brand which well known for it soft squirrel brush. The brush is all black from top to bottom in satin finish. The handle is longer than usual Fude. The handle is wood and I was told by make up community that the handle is Cheery Blossom (Sakura) wood. It is not confirmed in Website. The ferrule is probably made by Aluminum

THREE brush have huge collection of brush for your selection you can review other brush in the collection here.

In this Part 1; I will review only Face Brush L.
I will put my local price (Thai Bath) as price reference.

Face Brush L (¥7,000 / THB 3,800)
Sokoho Goat Hair + Squirrel
"It is slant-asymmetrical paddle dense powder brush, 5.2cm in length, 4cm in width. 
The ferrule base is 1.7cm / 2.3cm respectively. I can feel goat more than squirrel."

             


Personal Thought

This is the brush where start my THREE journey. I was looking for powder brush where I can use it on tacky base but still providing powder veil  as canvas to work with other powder product. 

When I first got it. I dip the flat side into the translucent powder, tap of all of excess powder. Do press and little roll into the skin. It provide enough powder adhesion to veil the tacky foundation magnificently with right touch of powder.

The brush is dense. It works very well with Translucent setting powder.
I can set the tacky base with this brush successfully. 

In harder nook like Nose, I use the slant side to reach mentioned area. This is where I feel very functionable. I also use this brush to apply bronzer in brontour manner as the angle side glide easily along above hollow of the cheek (The brush is too big to apply contour color to hollow of the cheek).

Lastly I use the tip to dust of the excess setting powder of the face which preform well similar to other powder brush however because the side is curved it can really hug the excess powder and brush off very well.

Please be aware that when I try with Colored Powder / Not fine mill powder, It is preform significantly worst than Powder Puff because the the powder will stuck into the brush unevenly.

I think this is most suitable for fine mill translucent powder.
I personally like the brush shape, I think the head of the brush like a little Bear Tail. :D 

Comparison

   

THREE Face Brush L  It's densest of my 3 powder brushes however, it is also the pricket but I would consider it is as moderate leans towards soft brush.

THREE Face Brush L is in similar length with Chikuhodo MK-1 but it more paddle / flatten. 

Lunasol Powder Brush L is much airy than THREE and not sufficient for setting powder, instead I like it more for allover bronzer application.

Sensation
When using the tip it is not prickly, however when you really press the powder into skin.
This is where you feel a little bit prick. I compare to Saikoho goat hair, this brush is a little bit pricker. But this brush apply powder in more softly manner than Saikoho brush.

It is much softer than original Mac Brush 128 / Nars Kabuki original collection.

Final
It's suite my need and perform well setting translucent powder. 

Other option: 
I find Yano Series Brush 02 Angled Powder seems to be very similar with softer hair option 







No comments:

Post a Comment